Saietta is a well-established British R&D company on a mission to accelerate the market introduction of highly innovative, affordable, and reliable propulsion motors for a broad range of electric vehicles (EVs) from scooters to buses. The product is proven, and market pull is strong. Since 2016 Saietta has undertaken rigorous R&D and testing for an innovative, unique motor topology, with low-cost raw materials, designed for low-cost, automated assembly. Saietta is now evolving from a pure R&D company into one that also manufactures its own motors in a new European production plant.
About the role and ideal candidate:
- We seek a mechanical design engineer to create accurate 3D CAD models and 2D drawings for prototypes and full manufacture in support of R&D activity
- The ideal candidate would be a proven mechanical design / CAD design engineer with strong experience in SolidWorks 3D CAD, DFM, material selection and practical engineering skills.
- A good understanding of production techniques and tolerancing would be required
- This role is aligned to 3D Solidworks CAD modelling of prototype components and mechanism. Also, 2D draughting and tolerancing to ensure components and assemblies are fit for manufacture.
- We are a small business hence a flexible approach, proactive attitude, can-do approach is required as you may get involved with a variety of tasks as the role evolves.
Skills and knowledge required:
- A degree or HNC in mechanical engineering, automotive engineering or similar coupled with strong practical skills
- 3+ years of proven experience as a mechanical design engineer / CAD engineer ideally working on precision / dynamic electromechanical components, complex mechanisms or assemblies
- Strong 3D CAD experience (e.g. Solidworks) – Production of 3D models, 2D drawings (DFM, GD&T, BOMs etc)
- Strong engineering process and documentation skills (e.g. PLM, PPAP, etc)
- Good problem solving, root cause analysis and troubleshooting skills.
- Good understanding of materials selection and production techniques for metallic components (e.g. Casting, machining, pressing, stamping etc)
- Candidates should be good problem solvers, inquisitive, creative, self-motivated, methodical, focused and with a flexible attitude.
Beneficial skills and experience:
- Mechanical design engineers / CAD Engineers with experience of working on rotating systems would be great (e.g. electrical machines / electric motors, bearings, stators, gears, transmissions etc)
This company is growing, hence the scope, and responsibilities of the role may well evolve in time.
Please apply using the "apply now" link on this page. There you can upload your CV, covering letter and provide other supporting information (salary expectations, right to work status, location, etc.) to help us process your application.
We seek people who feel a strong affinity with high-quality and ground breaking products
Our core company values are grounded by intellectual curiosity, integrity, entrepreneurial mindset, international vision, the highest aspirations, and the continuous pursuit of excellence. We share a passion for creating world-shaping impact and we believe in transformative innovation and profound progress without compromise. Successful candidates will be rewarded with a high level of responsibility and trust early on in their role. If these values describe you, then we look forward to receiving your application for a specific role, or your expression of interest to be informed of a future opportunity.