Saietta is a well-established British R&D company on a mission to accelerate the market introduction of highly innovative, affordable, and reliable propulsion motors for a broad range of electric vehicles (EVs) from scooters to buses. The product is proven, and market pull is strong. Since 2016 Saietta has undertaken rigorous R&D and testing for an innovative, unique motor topology, with low-cost raw materials, designed for low-cost, automated assembly. Saietta is now evolving from a pure R&D company into one that also manufactures its own motors in a new European production plant.
A new position has been created for a senior / principal motor control software engineer to our successful and expanding electric vehicle technology company at Silverstone.
The role will involve working collaboratively with R&D, engineering, and vehicle build / test teams. You will be involved with full lifecycle motor control software development (embedded C OR Simulink) for electromechanical systems (electric motors mostly but potentially the wider EV systems, inverter, etc).
It will require good realtime control engineering knowledge, ideally applied to automotive electric motors, powertrain systems OR similar, coupled with competent software programming experience (embedded C OR Simulink / embedded coder, etc).
NOTE: The role requires proven Simulink or Embedded C software development experience.
Required skills and experience:
- A degree or PhD in a relevant engineering subject (e.g., mechatronics engineering, control engineering, computer science, electronic engineering, mechanical engineering, etc)
- Good commercial experience of developing motor control software for complex electromechanical systems (e.g. PMSMs) within automotive, aerospace, or marine vehicle systems.
- Experience of electric vehicle drive units / electric vehicle architecture would be strongly preferred.
- Good embedded software or model based programming ability (e.g., embedded C or Matlab / Simulink, Embedded Coder)
- Good communication skills (written and verbal).
- Experience of working directly with customers and suppliers.
- Practical lab-based experience would be useful (software and hardware level integration and ideally vehicle level validation and trials).
Beneficial skills and experience:
- Able to assist with setup of test beds (lab, vehicle), also systems integration activities (e.g., integration of EDU to vehicle platform)
- Understanding of vehicle network protocols (e.g., CAN, J1939) and electrical harnesses
- Understanding of power electronics / inverters (control) would be useful
- Knowledge of software functional safety and / or cyber security would be very useful
Please apply using the "apply now" link on this page. There you can upload your CV, covering letter and provide other supporting information (salary expectations, right to work status, location, etc.) to help us process your application.
We seek people who feel a strong affinity with high-quality and ground breaking products
Our core company values are grounded by intellectual curiosity, integrity, entrepreneurial mindset, international vision, the highest aspirations, and the continuous pursuit of excellence. We share a passion for creating world-shaping impact and we believe in transformative innovation and profound progress without compromise. Successful candidates will be rewarded with a high level of responsibility and trust early on in their role. If these values describe you, then we look forward to receiving your application for a specific role, or your expression of interest to be informed of a future opportunity.