Saietta is a well-established British R&D company on a mission to accelerate the market introduction of highly innovative, affordable, and reliable propulsion motors for a broad range of electric vehicles (EVs) from scooters to buses. The product is proven, and market pull is strong. Since 2016 Saietta has undertaken rigorous R&D and testing for an innovative, unique motor topology, with low-cost raw materials, designed for low-cost, automated assembly. Saietta is now evolving from a pure R&D company into one that also manufactures its own motors in a new European production plant.
We are looking for a skilled and experienced Systems Engineer to join our team and work on cutting-edge electric vehicle technology. As a Systems Safety Engineer, you will play a critical role in ensuring the safety and reliability of their automotive electric vehicle powertrain systems throughout their lifecycle.
NOTE: The role would suit a systems engineer that is keen to develop their functional safety knowledge.
Typically candidates should have a background in systems engineering (design / integration) aligned to safety critical systems. Also good electronics or embedded systems or model based control software knowledge. Any experience with electric vehicle powertrain technologies design / development (EDU, etc) would be fantastic.
- Develop and implement safety cases, product requirements and refine product architecture.
- Assist with systems engineering activities (requirements, specifications, validation, etc).
- Conduct systems and safety analysis and to identify potential hazards and recommend risk mitigation strategies (use of tools such as FMEA, FTA, etc).
- Design and implement functional safety features and systems.
- Ensure compliance with relevant functional safety standards and regulations, including ISO 26262
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including hardware and software engineers, product designers, and test / validation specialists.
- Support the development of safety cases and other safety-related documentation.
- Participate in the development of new electric vehicle powertrain systems and features.
Expected skills and experience:
- A degree or similar in Electrical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Computer Science, etc.
- At least 5 years of experience in systems safety engineering, systems design or functional safety engineering within automotive, electric vehicle or other safety critical industries.
- Knowledge of relevant functional safety standards (e.g., ISO 26262.)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to work autonomously.
- A background in systems engineering (design / integration) aligned to safety critical systems.
- Good electronics or embedded systems knowledge (control engineering would be great).
- Able to support integration, validation, and test activities.
- Any experience with electric vehicle powertrain technologies (EDU, etc) would be fantastic.
Beneficial skills and experience:
- Awareness of ISO 21434 cyber security system engineering would be very useful.
- Knowledge of controls software design would be very useful (e.g. use of Matlab / Simulink).
- Experience of automotive electric vehicle powertrain integration would be good.
- Experience with safety analysis tools such as FMEA, FTA, etc.
Please apply using the "apply now" link on this page. There you can upload your CV, covering letter and provide other supporting information (salary expectations, right to work status, location, etc.) to help us process your application.
We seek people who feel a strong affinity with high-quality and ground breaking products
Our core company values are grounded by intellectual curiosity, integrity, entrepreneurial mindset, international vision, the highest aspirations, and the continuous pursuit of excellence. We share a passion for creating world-shaping impact and we believe in transformative innovation and profound progress without compromise. Successful candidates will be rewarded with a high level of responsibility and trust early on in their role. If these values describe you, then we look forward to receiving your application for a specific role, or your expression of interest to be informed of a future opportunity.