Embedded Software Engineer
What are your responsibilities as an Embedded Software Engineer at Saietta?
As an Embedded Software Engineer you will be part of the Saietta Europe software group (based in Apeldoorn, NL) and you will boost the development of both in-wheel motor technology and associated inverter technology. You will be part of the software group and you will contribute to the development, implementation, testing and documenting of embedded software. The embedded software is developed by means of “state of the art” technologies, methods and tools. You will work with colleagues from various disciplines like electronics, mechanics and control engineering.
As we are working on cutting edge technology, our embedded software development is continuously facing a number of design challenges like combining motor control and strict safety requirements.
In this role you report to the Lead Software Engineer.
In addition to this, your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Write and maintain requirements;
- Create detailed designs and support with creating software architecture;
- Analyse the available options for make or buy decisions;
- Program or integrate reusable components in C: low level drivers, protocol stacks, diagnostics, bootloader;
- Create test cases and perform tests;
- Document the software including presentations for both internal and external use.
What do we expect from you?
- Master or Bachelor level in (Technical) Computer Science, Embedded Systems or Electrical Engineering;
- 2-5 years of experience in an equivalent position (in an Automotive environment is a plus) is preferred, but we also encourage junior engineers to apply;
- Experienced in programming languages: C, C++. Basic understanding of assembler is a plus;
- Experienced in software modelling techniques and tools;
- A good understanding of the principles of: electrical engineering, model-based design (Matlab/Simulink) and functional safety (ISO 26262);
- Knowledge of automotive specifics (for example AUTOSAR) are a plus;
- Experienced in Automotive development processes and tools (such as V-Cycle, Configuration Management (Subversion SVN), Issue Management, FMEA, etc.);
- Pro-active, team player, hands-on mentality, going the extra mile;
- Experience with Electric or Hybrid Technology is a plus;
- You have good communication skills in English, both oral and written, where Dutch is a plus.
- We offer an international and attractive working environment with professional and enthusiastic employees who look beyond the boundaries of their own discipline so that optimal cooperation takes place;
- In addition, we offer a challenging, informal working atmosphere in which respect for each other is important and where the lines of communication are short;
- At Saietta there is room and attention for your individual development;
- Your benefit package is always competitive depending on your experience.
Acquisition by commercial agencies on this vacancy is not appreciated.Apply now