Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Reporting to Production & Engineering Manager
Benefits Bonus, Share Scheme, Life Insurance, Pension etc.
Location Houghton-le-Spring, Sunderland
Applications by ASAP
Application format CV and covering letter
Saietta is a well-established British R&D company on a mission to accelerate the market introduction of highly innovative, affordable, and reliable propulsion motors for a broad range of electric vehicles (EVs) from scooters to buses. The product is proven, and market pull is strong. Since 2016 Saietta has undertaken rigorous R&D and testing for an innovative, unique motor topology, with low-cost raw materials, designed for low-cost, automated assembly. Saietta is now evolving from a pure R&D company into one that also manufactures its own motors in a new European production plant.
As manufacturing engineer, you will be involved with achieving greater volume outputs through the implementation of new robust and scalable production and manufacturing processes.
You will also be involved with assessing existing assembly processes and procedures and recommending and implementing improvements.
This also may involve working with 3rd parties to implement new production / assembly lines to facilitate the high-volume manufacture of their complex electric motors. You will have a big part to play in maintaining product quality, creating lean processes, and reducing product cost.
The Manufacturing Engineer position requires:
- Good understanding of lean manufacturing processes, continuous improvement, and quality systems.
- Experience of production processes and assembly methods
- Ability to develop new manufacturing systems and processes to improve efficiency, reduce lead time and cost, etc
- Experience of manufacturing assembly operations involving manual, semi-automated and automated processes.
- Experience of the selection and implementation of capital equipment.
Expected skills and experience:
- Ideally an HNC / HND / Degree in Manufacturing Engineering / Production Engineering or similar
- Good understanding of lean manufacturing processes, continuous improvement, and quality systems
- Able to develop new manufacturing systems and processes to improve efficiency, reduce lead time and cost etc
- Experience of manufacturing assembly operations involving manual, semi-automated and automated processes would be ideal.
- Experience of the selection and implementation of capital equipment would be great.
- Experience of production methods (e.g., pressing, welding, winding) and assembly methods for appropriate capital equipment selection
- Self-starting, enthusiastic, with a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Knowledge of a broad range of manufacturing systems, problem solving, and production processes would be good (e.g., Kaizen / Continuous Improvement, Lean Manufacturing, Timing studies, APQP, PPAP, 8D, 5S, PFMEA etc)
- Experience gained within automotive, or similar, manufacturing would be great
- Knowledge of manual, semi-automated and automated assembly methods and processes
- Experience of automation systems (vision systems, robotics, PLC systems – Allen Bradley / Siemens)
This is a new position within the business, the scope, and responsibilities of which will no doubt evolve in time. Meaning there are great career opportunities for the right manufacturing engineer candidate.
Please apply to email@example.com, stating the job title in the subject line and including your CV, a brief covering letter, salary expectations and where you heard about this vacancy.Apply now