What are your responsibilities as a Mechanical Engineer at Saietta?
As a Mechanical Engineer you boost the development of both Electric Powertrain technology and associated inverter technology. You will contribute to the design and validation of components, systems and subsystems. Saietta Europe conforms to the Automotive APQP product development process and uses tools such as Creo parametric and Windchill. You will work with colleagues from various disciplines and with suppliers in a multi-disciplinary environment.
As we are working on cutting edge technology, our product development is continuously facing a number of design challenges. On top, cost engineering, design for manufacturing and reliability engineering will be focus elements during the development stage. If you feel at home in such a challenging environment, where you can make the difference, then this is your job!
In addition to this, your main task and responsibilities are:
Write and maintain requirements;
- Create designs and execute studies on new systems;
- Coordinate engineering activities between internal departments and external suppliers;
- Design, develop and validate mechanical constructions;
- Analyze the available options for make or buy decisions;
- Ensure integrity of design and mechanical deliverables in line with legal, safety and customer requirements;
- Document all process steps for both internal and external use.
What do we expect from you?
- Bachelor or Master level in Mechanical/Automotive Engineering or Aerospace engineering;
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar environment;
- Experienced in DFA, DFM and DFC;
- Knowledge of vehicle engineering;
- Experienced in Automotive development processes and tools (such as APQP, PPAP, FMEA, etc.);
- Experience with 3D CAD and PLM is a must, experience with Creo parametric and Windchill is a plus;
- Pro-active, team player, hands-on mentality, going the extra mile;
- Experience with Electric or Hybrid Technology is a big plus;
- You have good communication skills in English, both oral and written, where Dutch is a plus.
Acquisition by commercial agencies on this vacancy is not appreciated.