Production Engineer (Electrical)
Job Title Production Engineer
Date position required ASAP
Reporting to Head of Production
Benefits Bonus, Share scheme, Pension, Life Insurance, etc.
Location Silverstone, Northants (initially Upper Heyford – see below)
Applications by ASAP
Application format CV and covering letter (optional)
Saietta is a well-established British R&D company on a mission to accelerate the market introduction of highly innovative, affordable, and reliable propulsion motors for a broad range of electric vehicles (EVs) from scooters to buses. The product is proven, and market pull is strong. Since 2016 Saietta has undertaken rigorous R&D and testing for an innovative, unique motor topology, with low-cost raw materials, designed for low-cost, automated assembly. Saietta is now evolving from a pure R&D company into one that also manufactures its own motors in a new European production plant.
Saietta has offices within Oxfordshire, Northants, Sunderland and in the Netherlands.
This is a very exciting time for an experienced production engineer to be joining this successful and expanding electric vehicle technology company as it transitions towards high volume manufacture.
The company is involved with the design, development, and manufacture of innovative electric motors / powertrain solutions for the automotive electric vehicle marketplace.
The Production Engineer position requires:
Good understanding of production engineering relating to electrical products / electromechanical devices
Experience of production processes and assembly methods involving electrical cabling / soldering etc
Strong technical knowledge relating to electrical engineering
Experience of manufacturing assembly operations involving manual, semi-automated and automated processes would be ideal.
Strong problem solving and fault analysis experience
As production engineer, you will be involved with supporting the build, assembly, and overall delivery of the company’s key electric motor products. You will need a strong understanding of the production of complex electrical products and the various methods involved.
You will also be involved with assessing existing assembly processes and procedures and recommending and implementing improvements.
This position may also involve working with 3rd parties to implement new production / assembly lines or equipment to facilitate the reliable and high-volume manufacture of their complex electric motors. You will also have a big part to play in maintaining product quality, creating efficient processes, and reducing product cost.
Skills / Knowledge required:
- Ideally an HND / Degree in Automotive Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering / Production Engineering, electrical engineering or similar
- Good understanding of production engineering relating to electrical products / electromechanical devices (e.g., electric motors, or perhaps electrical harness / looms, electrical cabinets / control systems etc)
- Experience of production processes and assembly methods involving electrical cabling / soldering etc
- Strong technical knowledge relating to electrical engineering
- Experience of manufacturing assembly operations involving manual, semi-automated and automated processes would be ideal.
- Strong problem solving and fault analysis experience
- Self-starting, enthusiastic, with a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Experience gained within automotive, or similar, manufacturing would be great
- Knowledge of manual, semi-automated and automated assembly methods and processes
NOTE: Initially this role will be based near Bicester. However, a new facility will be opening in 3-4 months near Silverstone. The position will then be based there.
This is a new position within the business, the scope, and responsibilities of which will no doubt evolve in time. Meaning there are great career opportunities for the right candidate.
Please apply to email@example.com, stating the job title in the subject line and including your CV, a brief covering letter, salary expectations and where you heard about this vacancy.