Reporting to Senior Procurement Lead
Benefits Bonus, Overtime, Life Insurance, Pension etc.
Location Silverstone, Northampton NN12 8FU
Applications by ASAP
Application format CV and covering letter
Saietta is a well-established British R&D company on a mission to accelerate the market introduction of highly innovative, affordable, and reliable propulsion motors for a broad range of electric vehicles (EVs) from scooters to buses. The product is proven, and market pull is strong. Since 2016 Saietta has undertaken rigorous R&D and testing for an innovative, unique motor topology, with low-cost raw materials, designed for low-cost, automated assembly. Saietta is now evolving from a pure R&D company into one that also manufactures its own motors in a new European production plant.
This is a very exciting time for an experienced technical buyer to be joining this successful and expanding R&D and manufacturing company as it transitions towards high volume manufacture. The company is involved with the design, development and manufacture of innovative electric motors, electric drive (e-drive) and full drive train solutions for the automotive electric vehicle marketplace.
- Working closely with engineers and design teams to provide input into materials, manufacturing processes, BOMs and lead times etc.
- Identification, selection and onboarding of suppliers (NDA, RFQ)
- Manage the procurement process and performance of suppliers efficiently and effectively
- Assist in sourcing strategies to reduce total acquisition cost and secure supplies
- Work very closely with all functions to achieve delivery, cost and quality requirements
- Support continuous improvement activities to achieve departmental and company objectives
- Experience of working in a company that designs and manufactures products for high-volume, high-quality industries – Automotive, Motorsport, Aerospace, Medical devices, Rail etc
- Experience of buying electromechanical or mechanical components.
- This is a technical buyer role so you must have a strong technical understanding and worked closely with design and engineering teams to support NPI, materials, manufacturing processes etc.
- Good technical and commercial knowledge (sourcing, negotiation, process development etc.)
Expected skills and experience:
- Ideally an HNC / HND or Degree in a relevant engineering subject would be great (e.g. automotive engineering, mechanical engineering, electronics etc or business administration, business management etc)
- Strong procurement experience in automotive or a similar fast paced environment – motorsport, aerospace, medical, rail.
- Good mix of technical and commercial knowledge (sourcing, negotiation, etc)
- Experience of working in a company that design and manufactures engineering products – APQP, PPAP, materials, NPI, read and interpret technical drawings, machined components, casting, injection moulding, fabrications etc.
- Proactive, analytical and able to work effectively in a small team environment. Self-starting, enthusiastic, with a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- A relevant professional qualification would be great (e.g. CIPS, MCIPS etc)
This is a new position within the business, the scope and responsibilities of which will no doubt evolve in time. Meaning there are great career opportunities for the right manufacturing engineer candidate.
Please apply to email@example.com, stating the job title in the subject line and including your CV, a brief covering letter, salary expectations and where you heard about this vacancy.