Date position required ASAP
Reporting to Lead Test Engineer
Benefits Bonus, Overtime, Life Insurance, Pension etc.
Location Upper Heyford, Bicester and Silverstone, Northants, UK
Applications by ASAP
Application format CV and covering letter
Saietta is a well-established British R&D company on a mission to accelerate the market introduction of highly innovative, affordable, and reliable propulsion motors for a broad range of electric vehicles (EVs) from scooters to buses. The product is proven, and market pull is strong. Since 2016 Saietta has undertaken rigorous R&D and testing for an innovative, unique motor topology, with low-cost raw materials, designed for low-cost, automated assembly. Saietta is now evolving from a pure R&D company into one that also manufactures its own motors in a new European production plant.
Three new openings have been created for test technicians to join my client based near Bicester. The company is involved with the design and development of electric motors for the electric vehicle market.
The role will involve the test of electric motors for the electric vehicle industry
In turn this will involve the development and assembly of test equipment, support of systems test, and validation activities, as well as the manipulation and analysis of test data.
Typical tests will include thermal, efficiency, drag, torque and EMF.
Additionally, there may be some responsibility to support colleagues in the design and development team (prototype test, development advice etc)
The ideal candidate would be a versatile Test Technician, Vehicle Technician, Prototype Technician or Development Technician, with demonstrable practical mechanical skills, that has worked within the automotive, industrial control or automation, rail/rolling stock or aerospace industry.
Experience of testing electric motors would be a distinct advantage.
Expected skills and experience:
- Experience in a ‘hands-on’ testing role within a R&D environment (developing prototypes, validating components and systems etc.)
- Practical mechanical, build and assembly skills to build test rigs
- Knowledge of data analysis and manipulation for interpreting and processing test results would be useful (i.e. use of tools such as Excel, Python or MATLAB)
- A methodical approach to tasks, with a good eye for detail
- The ability to understand and work from engineering drawings
- Be a good problem solver, with the ability to proactively provide alternative solutions
- Flexibility to adapt to different tasks and problems seamlessly
- A recognised qualification, such as an HNC, HND or degree in Mechanical Engineering, would be beneficial but is not essential.
- Need an inquisitive mind, computer literate and use of tools such as Excel
Further desirable skills:
- Experience in assembly or test of electric motors
- Electrical or electronic skills and qualifications
- A natural interest in electric vehicles, cars, motorsport or hybrids and renewable technologies, or similar
The company is growing and changing rapidly, hence the scope, and responsibilities of these roles may well evolve in time. Meaning there are great career opportunities for the right test technician candidate.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the job title in the subject line and including your CV, a brief covering letter and salary expectations.Apply now