Saietta is a multi-national business that has engineered patented, cutting-edge electric motor technology, seamlessly packaged with in-house controllers and transmissions. The design of these innovative eDrive solutions is unique and modular, delivering class-leading performance. Our solutions easily integrate into 2, 3 & 4 wheel lightweight Electric Vehicles, marine and off-highway applications. Our mission is to enable the rapid transition of lightweight mobility to electric propulsion and thereby play a part in cleaning up the air around the globe.
An opening has been created for a Test Technician / Engineer to join our team at Silverstone. This role is aligned to the test, validation and development of our innovative electric motors and electric drive units, (tests will include thermal, drag, torque and EMF). In turn this will involve the development and assembly of test equipment, support of systems test and validation activities, as well as the collation of test data. Additionally, there may be some responsibility to support colleagues in the design and development team, (prototype test, development advice, etc) You would be working as part of a small team, with a high level of autonomy, responsible for managing your own workload.This is your chance to make a difference to our products.The company is growing and changing rapidly, hence the scope and responsibilities of this role may well evolve in time.There are great career opportunities for the right test Technician / Engineer candidate within Saietta.
About the ideal candidate:
As an ideal candidate you would be a versatile Test Technician / Engineer, Prototype Technician / Engineer or Development Technician / Engineer, with proven experience, ideally within a product development / R&D or EV environment. You should have a good electrical technical / engineering understanding with a methodical approach to tasks, and an inquisitive mind and good eye for detail. You should also have the ability to understand and work from engineering drawings, test specifications, processes, and procedures, with excellent problem solving skills, alongside the knowledge to support fault and failure analysis, whilst proactively providing alternative solutions, using 8D processes or similar.
Beneficial skills and experience
- Experience in a ‘hands-on’ testing role within a R&D environment (developing prototypes, validating components and systems etc.)
- Ability to process test data and support the creation of test reports.
- Practical mechanical, build and assembly skills to build test rigs.
- Knowledge of data collation for interpreting and processing test results would be very useful (i.e. use of tools such as Excel or Python)
- Excellent understanding and awareness of safety requirements.
- Flexibility to adapt to different tasks and problems.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, small company environment.
- Good organisational, planning and communication skills.
- A methodical approach to tasks, with a good eye for detail.
- An inquisitive mind, computer literacy and good communication skills are required
Expected skills and experience
- A recognised qualification, such as HNC / HND or degree in mechanical or automotive engineering OR mechanical design experience within a precision engineering environment is preferable but not essential.
- Test and calibration experience, and environmental test, ideally in relation to electric motors.
- Experience of testing electro-mechanical products / components, ideally automotive or aerospace.
Please apply using the "apply now" link on this page. There you can upload your CV, covering letter and provide other supporting information (salary expectations, right to work status, location, etc.) to help us process your application.
We seek people who feel a strong affinity with high-quality and ground breaking products
Our core company values are grounded by intellectual curiosity, integrity, entrepreneurial mindset, international vision, the highest aspirations, and the continuous pursuit of excellence. We share a passion for creating world-shaping impact and we believe in transformative innovation and profound progress without compromise. Successful candidates will be rewarded with a high level of responsibility and trust early on in their role. If these values describe you, then we look forward to receiving your application for a specific role, or your expression of interest to be informed of a future opportunity.